Nonexclusive license for public communication of phonograms of commerce through online or mobile services is non transferable and shall be issued for a period of three years, and at the express request of the user, for a shorter period.
Remuneration value is different depending on whether onerous/Free activity, as follows:
1. For public communication of phonograms of commerce consisting in their audition by the public, without generating revenue for the user, the payable remuneration to UPFR is calculated based on the number of phonograms used:
a) Between 1-20 phonogram remuneration is 6 lei/month,
b) Between 21 to 200 phonograms, remuneration is 8 lei/month
c) Between 201 to 1000, the remuneration is 12 lei/month
d) Over 1000 phonogram, the remuneration is 23 lei/month.
In case of users that offers for listening (streaming) over 200 musical works, at each tranche of 300.000 monthly listenings, adds one equivalent remuneration set out above.
2. For public communication of phonograms of commerce, consisting in their audition by the public, with generating revenue for the user, UPFR remuneration payable is calculated based on the number of phonograms used monthly, taking into account the number of listening per month:
| ||No. of monthly listenings|
|No. of phonograms used monthly||< 300.000||300.001-600.000||600.001- 1.000.000||> 1.000.001|
|1-500||58 lei||116 lei||174 lei||233 lei|
|501-1000||87 lei||174 lei||262 lei||349 lei|
|> 1000||116 lei||233 lei||349 lei||465 lei|
3. For use as background music of no more then 3 phonograms of commerce, the remuneration due to UPFR is 4 lei/month, regardless of the number of hits on the website.
If using a larger number of commercial phonograms, users due the remuneration referred to in paragraph 1.
Remunerations mentioned above are due for each site. Remuneration shall be paid by the 25th of the month following the month for which they are due; for late payment, users owe penalties equivalent to the reference interest of the National Bank of Romania, related to the amounts not paid on time, calculated per day of delay.
The user must communicate monthly, by an official address, to UPFR, until the 20th of each month for the previous month, the following informations:
– total number of commercial phonograms posted on the site or communicated to the public through mobile services, in a calendar month, title, artist, and the number of listenings / phonogram and the type of use
– number of public communication (listenings) / month.