Specific regulations for private copying:
- ORDA Decision no. 61/ 2009 (valid for devices/media manufactured or introduced in Romania during May 16th 2009 – present)
- Law no. 329/ 2006 (valid for devices/media manufactured or introduced in Romania during August 2006 – May 15th 2009)
- ORDA Decision no. 107/ 2005 (valid for devices/media manufactured or introduced in Romania during June 2005 – July 2006)
- 2005 ORDA Decision no. 156/ 2005 UPFR sole collector CP
- 2005 Protocole May 2005
- 2009 ORDA Decision no. 86/ 2009 UPFR sole collector CP
- 2009 Protocole May 2009
General legal system
- Law No. 8/ 1996 (Copyright Law and Copyright Related Rights), amended and suplemented by Law No. 74/2018.
Register with the Romanian Copyright Office (ORDA) in the National Register of the Private Copy
According to art. Art. 107 par. 3 of the Law no. 8/1996, with the subsequent modifications and completions: Importers and manufacturers of supports and appliances, stipulated in art. 34 par. (2) shall be obliged to register with the Romanian Copyright Office in the National Register of the Private Copy and may carry out the respective import or production activities only after obtaining the registration certificate from the Romanian Copyright Office. This certificate is issued by the Romanian Copyright Office on the basis of the evidence of the legally registered object of activity and of the Single Registration Certificate with the Trade Register, within 5 days of their submission.
Fill out the Private copy contributor Form Send the Private copy contributor Form together with a copy for the Registration